Thursday, December 10, 2009

Playing with MS Forefront


Yes I know I'm a linux guy but I support more Windows machines than I do linux. I've been waiting for Microsoft to release a competing Antivirus/Antimalware product for some time. With several years of bad experiences with CA and Symantec products, I'm happy to say that my initial deployment of Microsoft's Forefront Client Security has been successful. Setup is a bit tricky, though, as it depends on WSUS for deployment to the clients and although there is a manual process, it's a bit tedious to get these manual installations to report to the management server at first. I have to admit that once you get comfortable with WSUS, things are a lot easier to deal with. Firstly, the Forefront enterprise product has some very robust reporting and management features. Will be back with an edit and more info in a couple days/weeks as I get free time to blog, which isn't often.

No comments:

Post a Comment